The Communication Toolkit
Assessing & Developing Social Communication Skills in Children & Adolescents
|Format||206pp A4 paperback + FREE CDRom worksheets & handouts|
The accessible worksheets cover subjects such as self-concept & self-esteem, body language & facial expressions, awareness of self and others, relationship skills, conversational & listening skills, feeling safe and staying in control.
• Provides a valuable assessment tool and indicator of key areas for improving social and language skills.
• Addresses key areas of SEAL and can be used in primary and secondary mainstream as well as SEN settings.
• Illustrated worksheets with simple language are accessible to those with language and learning difficulties.
• Professionals can focus on areas of concern and explore the young person’s view of themselves and others.
• Contains guidance and notes for professionals as well as photocopiable worksheets.
A varied and appealing resource that teachers, SENCOs, psychologists and behaviour support workers will find invaluable for use with an older age group not always addressed in social skills materials.